Photo via Pexels
This weeks post comes from Janice Russell at Parenting Disasters, she gives us helpful insight to finding a balance of working at home while being an active parent.
When you work from home and serve as the primary caregiver to young children, life gets hectic pretty quickly. Finding balance is important. But how are you supposed to juggle the demands of your personal and professional lives at the same time? While it may not be easy, it’s far from impossible. We’ve assembled some great resources to help you achieve the elusive work-life balance you’re after—and keep your family happy too!
Curtail Your Distractions
Working from home subjects you to a number of distractions. Fortunately, many of these are easy to reduce or eliminate.
● Use time-tracking software so you can avoid multitasking during your work hours.
● Invest in some kid-friendly tech to keep your little ones entertained.
● When your older kids get bored, offer them some engaging graphic novels!
Stick to a Routine
When you work from home, it’s easy to let your days get away from you.
● Wake up early to get as much work done as possible while your kids are sleeping.
● Start your day off right by eating breakfast and getting dressed for work.
● Plan your day the night before—and stick to the plan you made!
Outsource Some Household Tasks
Juggling your job and caring for children is hard enough as it is. Give yourself a break by hiring help with your other responsibilities.
● Hiring a maid service will take a lot of cleaning tasks off your plate.
● Grocery delivery services and meal kits can make meals easier to prepare.
● Hire a dog walker for the days when you’re just too busy to exercise your furry friend.
Keep Your Health in Top Shape
Optimal health will give you the energy you need to handle everything life throws at you.
● Nourish your body with healthy meals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
● Make time for exercise to keep your brain and body energized all day.
● Sleep should be a priority for you and the whole family.
● If the baby is still keeping you up at night, seek sleep guidance from Serenity Sleepers.
Working from home as a parent doesn’t have to be a daily struggle. Do what you can to reduce distractions, stick to a productive routine, and keep yourself healthy. And remember, it may take some time to develop a remote work lifestyle that works best for your family. Eventually, you’ll settle into a routine that makes everyone happy!